The McKinley Church & Foundation in partnership with Garden Hills Elementary School will provide Thanksgiving baskets for families in need. There are two ways to contribute.
- Shop for the basket contents. Please purchase the items in quantities specified so that the baskets will be uniform. Feel free to purchase all or just a few of the items as you are able.
- Instant mashed potatoes – (1) 26 oz. box
- Cranberry sauce – (2) 14 oz. cans
- Canned yams or sweet potatoes – (2) 15 oz. cans
- Dinner rolls – (1) 12 pack of white, wheat or Hawaiian
- Deluxe macaroni and cheese – (2) 14 oz. boxes
- Stovetop stuffing mix – (2) 6 oz. boxes
- Foil roasting pan for turkey
- $20 Meijer gift cards to purchase turkeys
- Make a donation. $20 will provide a turkey. $45 will provide an entire basket for one family.
- Checks: Make checks payable to the McKinley Foundation and write “Thanksgiving Baskets” on the memo line. Mail to McKinley Foundation, 809 S. 5th St., Champaign, IL 61820.
- Credit Cards: Click the Donate button below. You will be taken to the PayPal website to process your credit card donation.
- Collection: November 17-24. You may drop off items at the McKinley Foundation during regular business hours (M-F, 8 to 4), or you may bring the items to McKinley Church on Sunday, November 17 or 24.
- Assembly: November 26, 1 to 3 PM (at Garden Hills Food Pantry)
- Distribution: November 26, after 3 PM