Social Justice Awards
This year’s Foundation’s Social Justice Awards banquet will be on Saturday, May 7. A fitting celebration given McKinley’s storied history in social justice and human service, the event will honor student and community groups and individuals, beginning with a reception at 5:30 p.m. and dinner at 6:30. Each of the awards is accompanied by a $500 gift to the organization of the recipient’s choosing or to the organization or group selected.
We are happy to announce this year’s award recipients:
- Community Award: Habitat For Humanity/Restore
- Student Organization: Habitat For Humanity at Urbana High School
- Student Individual: Jason Yue, co-director and mentor with iHelp
- Community Individual: Robert King, Senior Assistant Director in Family & Graduate Housing
- Partnership Award: Assistant Principal Jill Johnson for McKinley/Garden Hills Elementary School Food Pantry
RSVP today! The cost for the banquet is $50. The entree choices are pineapple BBQ roasted chicken, seared salmon with balsamic lentils, or spaghetti squash puttanesca (vegan choice).
Full and partial scholarships are available. Please see Pastor Keith for more information. You must make your reservation by April 29 via Paypal or by contacting Andrew Weuve, foundation and church administrative assistant or Kathie Spegal.