Now Hiring: Custodian
Status: Full-time / Non Exempt
Function: The custodian is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of all McKinley-owned buildings, i.e. Foundation, Church and Presby Hall. Duties include picking up rubbish, sweeping, vacuuming and mopping floors, cleaning and restocking bathrooms, cleaning windows and executing minor repairs and maintenance work. Custodian may be required to operate industrial cleaning equipment and machinery.
Organizational Relationship: The custodian reports to the Office Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use cleaning supplies and equipment to keep the interior and exterior of the property looking clean and professional
- Respond to repair requests quickly and with a professional manner
- Adhere to the organization’s safety policies to create a safe work environment for everyone
- Perform routine cleaning tasks based on a schedule created by management
- Clean and assist with setting up conference rooms for large presentations and business meetings
- Keep a running inventory of all cleaning supplies and submit purchasing requests when supplies get low
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- High degree of professionalism
- Reliable and able to work some weekends
- Ability to lift objects up to 50 pounds
To Apply: Fill out the job application below and submit it to Paula Hancock at email@example.com. You may also pick up or drop off a paper copy at our offices located at 809 S. 5th St. in Champaign.