The McKinley Foundation has several openings for committee participation. Several of our committees are joint McKinley Church committees. All are welcome. You do not need to be a church member to participate!
- Artists’ Alley (Foundation): Assist in the promotion and selection of artists and exhibits to be displayed in our new art space. Other duties may include planning exhibit opening receptions and assistance with installations. No formal art background is necessary.
- Buildings and Grounds (Joint): Oversees all activities associated with the operation, maintenance, safety and security of all buildings, grounds, furnishings and equipment, except items expressly the responsibility of another committee.
- Compassion, Peace and Justice (Joint): Organizes events and workshops around key social justice issues such as race and racism, gun violence, immigration, LGBTQ issues, and environmental justice. The Compassion, Peace, and Justice Committee is also responsible for the Garden Hills Food Pantry.
- Film Series (Foundation): Assist in the promotion and selection of films to be screened. Other duties may include organizing panel discussions around a film.
- Fund Development (Foundation): The Fund Development Committee is responsible for overseeing the organization’s overall fundraising. The main fundraising initiative of the Foundation is the Social Justice Awards dinner. The Fund Development committee is responsible for all planning of this event, including the selection of award winners. Responsibilities also include pancake breakfast fundraiser and scholarship program.
- Green Team (Joint): Connect the McKinley community’s practices and traditions with concerns and solutions for our shared land, water, and air, and justice for our neighbors. Educate and motivate our community to incorporate environmental consciousness into all activities, and celebrate accomplishments.
- Student Ministry and Outreach (Joint): Plan and host events for university students, especially Presby Hall residents, e.g., alcohol-free recreational activities, alternative spring break, local community service projects.
If you’re interested or have questions, please contact Paula Hancock at email@example.com or 217-344.0297.