Sunday, February 19 at 11:30 AM
The McKinley In Action group invites you to join us for refreshments and conversation with Megan Flowers, a representative from the CU Immigration Forum, to see how McKinley might better partner with that organization to advocate and support the immigrant population. Please email Jennifer Wetzel by Wednesday, February 15 so that we can plan for food and materials.
The Champaign-Urbana Immigration Forum is a group of immigrants, students, clergy, service providers, labor union representatives, residents and community organizations concerned about the progress and plight of immigrants in the Champaign County community (Central Illinois). Since December 2009, the C-U Immigration Forum meets regularly (on the second Tuesday of each month) to discuss immigration-related issues and events in our community and works to:
- celebrate the diversity and culture that immigrants contribute to our community;
- educate the public about issues that affect local immigrant communities;
- advocate for the rights of immigrants and encourage their full participation in civic, cultural, social and political life in our community;
- promote permanent and positive changes that will improve the quality of life for immigrants in our community; and
- organize for policies that lead to just and humane treatment to all immigrants that are part of our community.