Call for Nominations
Because the McKinley Foundation is committed to creating a better world, we annually honor individuals and organizations through the McKinley Foundation Social Justice Awards. To this end, the McKinley Foundation seeks nominations…
of individuals and organizations that:
- Demonstrate exceptional dedication to and success in advancing a cause of social justice locally, nationally, or internationally;
- Generate greater awareness of injustice;
- Improve the lives of those who have suffered unjustly; and
- Reside in or are based in Champaign County.
Four Social Justice Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- Student Organization
- Individual Member of the Community, and
- Community Organization.
The awards and a $500 gift to each winner will be presented on April 29 at the McKinley Foundation’s 8th Annual Social Justice Gala.
- Complete the Social Justice Awards Nomination Form
- Submit an essay describing how the person or organization you are nominating has met the criteria for the award. We encourage you to identify the nominee’s goals and activities and to explain how these activities have affected others. Self-nominations are welcome.
- Send the Social Justice Awards Nomination Form and your essay to the Social Justice Awards Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail the two documents to the following address by February 21, 2017:
Social Justice Awards Committee
809 South Fifth Street
Champaign, IL 61820
A committee of evaluators will judge the nominations, and the recipients will be notified by March 3, 2017.
Please direct any questions or comments to email@example.com or 217.417.8832.